March 15, 2012

Little blue wearing hood

Finally, little man modeling his Snug. He enjoys chewing on it. I like it because it is bumpy looking from the way it is knit. With that and the chunky yarn it has a really nice feel to it. I wish it would snow so I could take pictures of it in the snow. The bright blue is a fun color.

It won't fit him for very long as I have found with all baby clothes. He is only 5 1/2 months old and already wearing onesies size 12 months. Anyway, the Snug pattern was a bit confusing in places, in fact, Alan had to translate it twice because I just couldn't understand the wording. Badly worded or maybe I was just tired... :)
Photo from Shibui Knits

Next up in my knitting bag is a Vintage Baby Cardigan in a yarn that I cannot wait to use. It is Shibui Knits Sock in the color Anime. It is such a fun yarn and the pattern looks really cute. I saw the sweater knitted up in person at Blazing Needles and purchased the pattern, yarn, and needles right then. I put it away for a while and when I got it out again I almost cried thinking I'd have to get needles again (I never seem to have the ones I need) but after searching high and low, I found them! Mark it on the calendar, I had the right needles for once!

Photo from Lavender Hill Knits
And speaking of knitting bags, I purchased one on Etsy that I just love. The shop is called Lavendar Hill Knits. The bag is reversible and just the right size for a small-medium project. The fabric is a really nice weight too (and who doesn't love owls and polka dots!). Very well made! In fact there is another bag that I am eyeing now that I have been to her shop again. I also picked up some of the stitch markers, cute owl ones. And for a sweet deal, buy a project bag, get a pattern of your choice for free! Yippee!

Tell me, what are you folks working/crafting on?

2 comments:

  1. Nice work! Very cute! I am currently working on hand quilting a quilt. It is going to be a long term project.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A nice lady I worked with hand quilted a quilt and it took her something like 17 years! Long term!

      Delete