October 21, 2007

Home...


Phew. More walking, a ferry ride to Victoria, more walking (eating too), shopping, High Tea at the Empress, another ferry ride, a long, rainy drive and we are home. Back to work on Monday.

The trip: Vancouver was TERRIFIC but a bit dirty. I hope that it was the garbage strike and because it ended when I left, things will be cleaned up. Victoria was also lovely. If you get a chance to stop at Beehive Wool Shop it is worth it, the yarn store is on 1700 Douglas. They were very nice and the selection was fun. All the buildings in the inner harbour and downtown were great, I walked all over downtown several times and I still don't think that I saw everything. The Irish Times Pub had a great Bacon Brie Cheeseburger and Chocolate Bread Pudding. Ric's had a fantastic ginger cake with toffee sauce. Callebaut chocolate!!!!! I bought eating and baking stuff there...

Shopping was fun, they have different clothes than I can find here. The money exchange and prices were really expense ($14 for a cheeseburger?) but vacation is vacation.

High Tea was my favorite part. I purchased the cookbook "If Teapots Could Talk" and enough tea to last me a very long time. I might have to put together a high tea for my knitting group...

No comments:

Post a Comment