August 2, 2009

Know your limits

Things I learned this weekend... because of this trip.

  1. I don't need to carry 2 jackets in my backpack when the weather is 100+ degrees.
  2. Yarn does not mix well with sap. Nothing really does.
  3. I cannot handle heat well. My body decides it is time for a screaming headache and reserves the right to vomit whether time permits or not.
  4. Less is more when it comes to backpacking. Food, when not dehydrated, weighs a lot.
  5. My friends are flexible and can remain calm under pressure.
  6. Louis is the best hiking dog ever. We will try hard not to burn your paws in the future bud.
  7. Mosquitoes are still useless.
  8. It is OK to turn around and not complete a hike if your body is telling you to stop.
  9. I have chosen to spend my life with someone who will take care of me and help me be successful AND happy. You just cannot beat that.
I know some more of my limits.

No comments:

Post a Comment