November 11, 2009

glass

I love glass. I hate plastic. On our recent trip to Europe, our friends K&L shared with us some yogurt they made in this cool little machine. It makes the yogurt in these small, glass jars. No more annoying plastic, littering up the place!

It looked easy enough so Alan and I did some research. We found a machine we liked and we ordered it.

Ta da! We have been enjoying the first batch. We are almost ready for the second. We tried it with 2% percent milk and it was just the right consistency. I have been eating it with gingersnap granola, fresh apple, and a touch of honey from the Canary Islands.

I knit and finished my first Clapotis. I used 2/3 skein of Wollmeise, 100%, in Maus Alt. It is now at its new home. It was a easy, sometimes boring, pattern and I think it turned out well. It took a while to knit it up. The finished size is 14 1/2" wide and 68" long. I worked 3 1/2 sections of the increase rows, 16 sections of the straight rows, and followed the rest of the pattern instructions to finish it. I used size 7 needles. I didn't take great pictures but I hope to get some from its new owner.




No comments:

Post a Comment