January 31, 2008

measurements

Ah, life. I had my first measurements taken. Some people may be surprised by this but it has never come up. I am not a girly girl but I will be a bridesmaid in a wedding of a dear college friend. I have only been to one wedding and it was for an family member and I was maybe 4 or 5.

I wasn't nervous really until it happened. Now I can quantify myself. I am taller than the average female, in fact, I am an inch shy of being as tall as the average male. I weigh less than the average female too. Why is it that I am not uncomfortable with having a defined number for my size? I have always just worn clothes that fit, not really caring about the size. I will be uncomfortable in myself for a while and then be over it (hopefully).

Now some stranger in another city has my quantified self on file. I almost asked if they would shred the measurements once the dress was ordered, to protect my security/sanity of course!

I have 10 inches of my herringbone poncho done. It is slow going because I haven't been knitting as much. I may even start a quicker project just for some instant gratification.

Science Pub is soon, cannot wait for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment