September 2, 2009

Bits and pieces

So... I am not a collector of things. Well, I have lots of cookbooks but they are not fancy or worth much.

Wedding planning is fun but it can hurt your brain, if you let it. Alan and I have been on the hunt for some items that we think will give us the 'look' we want at the wedding. When I say we, I probably mean more me. :) Alan is kind, patient, and willing to indulge my crazy ideas.

The problem is, the pieces are want are collectibles. People, not me, collect them because of who made them, when they were made, etc. That makes the items somewhat expensive if you don't get lucky and find them for sale in a junk shop.

Anyway, here are some pictures of the start of our collection. The cake plates are so lovely I could cry. I want to make all sorts of desserts now just so I can use them!


No comments:

Post a Comment