September 30, 2009
Prep Time 20 Minutes
Cook Time 1 Hour
Servings about 4
1 whole Sugar Pie Pumpkin, Small-medium
1 whole Apple, Gingergold Or Granny Smith
1 whole Pear, D'anjou (or Peach)
½ cups Brown Sugar
2 teaspoons Cinnamon
1 teaspoon Nutmeg
¼ teaspoons Allspice
1 Tablespoon Lemon Juice
¼ cups Raisins, Optional
1. Take a small to medium-sized sugar pie pumpkin, wash well and cut out the top.
2. Scoop out the seeds (save for roasting).
3. Stuff the pumpkin with a mixture of sliced apples/pears/peaches (any fruit available). Leave enough room to place the top back on.
4. Add brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice, lemon juice, and if you want, raisins.
5. Gently mix the ingredients.
5. Replace the top and bake on a cookie sheet at 350 degrees for at least one hour. The dessert is done when the pumpkin is fork tender and the fruit inside is soft.
6. To serve, scoop out the fruit mixture and sauce, making sure to get some of the pumpkin.
7. Serve on its own or with vanilla ice cream.
8. Top with roasted pumpkin seeds (optional).