October 25, 2009

mmm... cheesecake

A Seattle friend visited Eugene on Thursday and we had him over for dinner. Chicken tacos and pumpkin cheesecake for dessert.

I found a recipe in one of my pumpkin cookbooks but I changed it up a bit. I made more crust and added more spices. It took 15 minutes longer to cook than the book called for so I was worried it didn't turn out. In the picture you can see the candied ginger topping. The crust is made from crushed ginger thins (Destropper ginger thins are so good, they even have chunks of ginger in them). The recipe called for ginger snaps for the crust so I figured ginger thins were close enough. The only problem was that I need 3 boxes of ginger thins to get enough crushed cookies for the crust.

The result was one of the best cheesecakes that I have made. Definitely worth repeating... perhaps even for Thanksgiving in St. George.

No comments:

Post a Comment